Below are some suggestions of games available for events.
- Balloon Pop - The players divide into four people per team, two poppers and two blowers. The object is simple, two people blow up the balloons and two people pop them. But they must be popped by holding the balloon between the two people and not using the hands. The most balloons popped in the allotted time wins.
- Balloon Stomp - Using a piece of string 18” long, tie one end to your ankle and the other to a balloon. As soon as everyone is ready, start playing some music. While the music plays, people walk around the floor. When the music stops, the aim is to burst everyone else’s balloon and protect your own. The winner is the last person left with a balloon.
- Balloon Stuff - For this game you need teams of three or four. 1 person is the "stuffee" and the others are the “stuffers”. The "stuffee" puts on an oversized t-shirt, the “stuffers” are given balloons. The object is for the “stuffers” to blow up balloons and stuff them under the t-shirt of the “stuffee”. The team with the most balloons under the shirt in a given time wins!
- Kangaroo Hop Racing - Players line up at the start, each with a balloon between the knees, and on the command ‘Go!’ bound off down the course like kangaroos. Any racer who drops their balloon must reclaim it; replace it between their knees and start again from the spot where balloon was dropped. A burst balloon results in instant disqualification. The winner is the first player to reach the finish with their balloon intact.
- Limbo - We all know how limbo is done. It always seems to be a crowd pleaser and you can have a girl and guy winner. You may also do this as a couple or team event with more than one going under at the same time. Suggested Music: Limbo Rock, Hot, Hot, Hot or other Island Music.
- Little Crocodile - In each team 3 or 5 players form up a line. Between each player in the line there is a balloon. The players hold the balloons with their backs and chests. They mustn't touch them with their hands, pop them, or drop them. Their task is to run a set distance as fast as possible.
- Mummies - Players pair off into groups of three, ideally one boy and two girls. The girls are given a toilet roll and has three minutes in which to wrap their partner from head to foot in toilet paper so that he bares an uncanny resemblance to an Egyptian mummy. The winners are the group judged to have created the most effective mummy.
- Musical Chairs - All players bring their chairs to the dance floor placing them back to back in a singe row, minus one chair. Music begins, people dance around the chairs, and when the music stops, everyone tries to sit in a chair. Each time the music is started, one chair is removed. The last one with a seat wins.
- Musical Tambourine - The players sit in a circle and one of them is given a tambourine. When the music starts, the player with the tambourine taps it against their hand three times and passes it to the player on his or her right. This person repeats the performance and the tambourine continues its journey until the music stops. Whoever is left holding the tambourine at that point is eliminated. As players fear the music is about to stop, the tapping will become increasingly frantic. The last player left wins.
- Over and Under - Assemble three lines of ten people each. The first person in line passes a balloon over their head to the person behind them, who in turn passes the balloon between their legs to the person behind them, who passes the balloon over their head and so on. When the balloon gets to the end of the line, that person runs to the front of the line and it starts all over. The line that gets the starting person all the way to the back wins!
- Pass the Hula-Hoop - Ask all the players to get into a big circle and hold hands. Place two Hula-Hoops in the circle by having two sets of players put their hands through the Hula-Hoops and hold hands again. The object of the game is to pass the Hula-Hoop through their body and onto the next player as fast as they can without letting go of hands while the music is playing. Whoever has the hula-hoop wrapped around their body when the music stops will be out until the last person is left. Play an up tempo song like The Twist for about 15 seconds at a time so that the game won’t go on too long. This game is exciting because the players gather around to cheer for their favorite person as they are eliminated.
- Wango-Tango - Give the Wango-Tango poles to the two pairs of players. Allow a 1 minute time frame to see which team can “Tether” their ball around the pole the fastest. Whoever wins advances to the winner’s circle but if both teams fail to complete the “Tether”, 2 new teams are given the opportunity to compete. The team with the best time wins or have the teams in the winner’s circle fight it out for best time.